Thursday, January 24, 2008

Dollar Store Discoveries


I visited my local Dollar Store very quickly yesterday--I was in a time crunch, so I couldn't browse too much! But I found some really cute DP and just had to get it---it was only a dollar, right? So these are two really quick cards I came up with--no challenge here, just off the top of my head. I didn't want to cover up the pretty paper too much, so I stamped the "friends" sentiment in vellum cardstock, colored it with markers and added some of SU's Fire Circle brads. They are both mounted on Soft Sky cardstock--all pretty basic. I did heat emboss the butterfly so that I could freely watercolor the design without the outline getting all blurry, that's about the most challenging thing on either of them! I left the sentiments off the inside because I like to add them as I need them. These could be birthday, get well, or just an uplifting card! Hope they bring some cheerfulness to your day!
Stamps: Time Well Spent
Paper: Dollar Store DP, WW, Soft Sky, Summer Sun, Vellum Cardstock
Ink: Regal Rose Craft, Basic Black, Green Galore, Summer Sun, Rose Romance
Acc: Nestabilities, Fire Circle rhinestones, Dimensionals, White Taffeta Ribbon, Markers, Clear EP

No comments: