Sunday, January 20, 2008

Hang on Tight


Today has been very cold and very windy. As I was watching the sparrows, juncos, chickadees and downy woodpeckers at our feeders, I was amazed at how they held on so tightly. The woodpeckers particularly caught my eye....they hung on with all their might to the little suet cages, pecking at the seeds. The wind blew them this way and that, but they still hung on, focused on their needs, knowing that despite the wind, the food was there. How much are we like those little birds? The Lord knows our needs and despite the winds that blow our way, buffeting us sometimes until we feel battered and lost, He continues to feed us if we trust in Him. "The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." Matt 7:25. Who is your rock?

1 comment:

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

LeAnne ...I don't even know what to say! This is beautiful!! It's just what I needed to hear at this very moment! You have been such a God-send to me, especially now during this difficult time. Thank you so very much for the uplifting message!! Keep 'em coming!! ~smo ;o)