Friday, February 22, 2008

Two Fun Challenges


This was a fun, simple card to make that took care of two challenges: Beate's Weekend Sketch and SCS Limited Supply Challenge! I used some DP from a huge mat pack from ACM (don't think I'll EVER use the whole thing!) in some fresh colors and the cherry image from All Through the Year, which is a great all-around stamp set. The Limited Supply challenge required us to hand-write something on our sample--yikes! Not real comfortable with that, but I used a Spica pen for my sentiment and it looks okay......I guess! I cut the leaves from the leaf image and glued them over the little puny cherry leaf, added some ribbon and made my own button with a chipboard circle covered in the plaid paper, punched & tied it with some embroidery floss. Thanks for looking!
Stamps: All Through the Year
Paper: Misc DP, Whisper White, Cert Celery, Pink Passion
Ink: Regal Rose, Pink Passion, Cert Celery
Acc: Choc Chip Marker, Chipboard, 1/16" punch, Ribbon, Floss, Spica Red Pen, Dimensionals

9 comments:

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

LeAnne, I LOVE this card .. the colors, the layout, all of it. I especially love the little faux button! You are too, too clever! Can wait to get together and stamp again soon! ~smo

Enfys said...

Hi LeAnne, I've just stumbled across your blog and I have loved reading it. This cherry card is too cute - and your writing looks pretty good to me!

Catherine said...

very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card - everything is working so well together - love it!!!

I did not participate since my handwriting is terrible - LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely adore this card! Love your ribbon treatment!

craftsbyjodi said...

beautiful card!!! wish we had this set over in the UK!! It's adorable!

Kim said...

That is one ADORABLE card! I love everything about it. The chipboard button is too cute too. Thanks for sharing!

Alison said...

Soooooo cute!

Anonymous said...

Super cute! LOVE it!
Hugs and smiles