Saturday, February 16, 2008

Two Challenges


I LOVE this card....I love the image, the colors, watercoloring, the DP, the simplicity, everything! I don't know how much detail you can see on it (click on it to see bigger), but I loved this Garden Pleasures set from 2001, and don't use it much, but when I saw the Inspiration Challenge at SCS, my mind went to this stamp. The sun is setting here, so it was a little difficult to get my photo. It really doesn't resemble the inspiration, but I am a big birdwatcher, I love birds, so this is what I went with. I also used the layout from Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply Challenge as well. She always has great challenges! And since I am a birder, I must tell you, there is probably no bird on earth that looks like this, but it's my world so I can make the bird whatever color I want!!! :D (I made him that color so he would match the Figgy paper I used at the bottom.) He was stamped first, then I masked him and stamped the birdhouse on top. I also omitted the sentiment again, I will add it when I need to mail out the card! Thanks for looking!
Stamps: Garden Pleasures (retired SU)
Paper: Confetti Cream, Basic Grey Figgy, Sahara Sand, Watercolor Paper
Ink: Stazon, Lots of Earth Elements, Bravo Burgundy, Soft Sky, Bordering Blue, Sahara Sand
Acc: Aquapainter, Dimensionals, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Hemp Twine

6 comments:

Me, My Stamps and I said...

i love this card, come to think of it, i even have this set. great challenge
tfs.
chat

Anonymous said...

Great job masking your cute little bird ... and you are right, the joy of creating is that our birds can be any color we want ... great inspired creation.

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This is so sweet!!! Yes, that is just the perfect layout for that large image -- it all works together so perfectly!!! Love your soft, neutral shades and just the little bit of twine!!! Fabulously put together -- just love it!!! So glad you played -- thanks much!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is one of my favorite cards that this challenge has produced. Thanks for sharing, and for stoping by my blog!!

Maren said...

Can't believe this set is retired! So pretty!! Fabulous details!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love that birdhouse, and you did a fantastic job colouring! Love you sof peaceful colours...wonderful card for many occasions!