Monday, July 14, 2008

Quiet Monday

I am still preparing for my two upcoming events, so I am posting a couple cards I received in the mail from customers and friends.  And guess what--they're both named Wendy!  Here is the one from Wendy 1:

Wendy's Card

Isn't this sweet?  She did such a GREAT job with making this card--I love it when customers send me one of their cards, it is such a nice feeling!

And this one is from Wendy 2:

DSCF1149

We all got some of this beautiful butterfly paper on our recent shopping trip and I haven't used it yet!! I promise I will, there are just so many sets/papers/ideas, I need more time in the day!!!!

And finally, one night when I couldn't sleep, I colored in a Crafty Secrets image that Denise sent me, and mounted it on this neat vintage-looking DP from Autumn Leaves:

Story of Me Crafty Secrets

The image is colored with an aquapainter & inks, then I masked it and stamped the background with Linen in More Mustard.  I didn't get quite the effect I wanted, but I think it is okay.  I mounted it on a piece of Always Artichoke, added some photo corners & brads, and then stamped the sentiment from my new Verve Petals & Stems with craft Chocolate Chip ink on some wide twill ribbon.  Thanks for visiting today!

3 comments:

Renee said...

I really like the cards from the Wendy's! How nice to get happy mail! I love your card...the image is so cute and so is the bg paper :)

Denise Marzec said...

I love what you did with the Story of Me image!! Great paper and great coloring.

...and the second card is actually from me, but you can confuse me with Wendy any time you like. She rocks! :)

Tammy Hershberger said...

Your card is adorable, and what great happy mail you got!