Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Fallin' into Winter

Okay, it's just turned fall and already I am thinking winter cards....not just Christmas, but snowy, hot chocolatey, winter hats & mittens cards!  I had been hoarding this DP until just the right stamp came along, and last night while I was stampin' into the wee hours, I realized this image from CHF's Winter Vintage Signage set would go perfectly!  I had been playing with this image and had already colored it in when I made the connection!  The coolest thing about this paper is that there is a gold shimmer to it that just adds another dimension to it!  Plus I stamped my image on Shimmery White from SU, so it is all shimmery.  You can see a tiny little bit of shimmer in the top right corner of the photo:

Hot Chocolate

The color in the photo doesn't really capture its true color--the background really matches SU's Baja Breeze, so I added a little strip of striped DP from the Manchester line.  The snowflakes are from Crafty Secret's Vintage Christmas embossed in white EP.  The oval is stamped in Basic Brown and watercolored with BB and CtoC ink.  It's mounted on a CtoC scalloped oval and everything is all blinged up.  I haven't decided what kind of card this will be, so I left off any sentiment.  I really threw this together quickly, so I would like to do another with a little more embellishments on it.    TFL!  Remember, tomorrow is the Color Challenge Throwdown, so be sure to stop back!

7 comments:

Stacy said...

Winter is not one of my favorite times of the year, but the memories created as we snuggled into our homes can never be beat. Your card really brings that warm feeling of winter across.

Juanita said...

I think it is perfect the way it is. It would be a wonderful card to perk somebody up on a snowy winter day!

Tina said...

I love it, it makes me feel very cozy!

Lisa Kind said...

I know why you hoarded that paper...it's too beautiful to cut up! Beautiful!

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

LeAnne, this card is amazing! Love the DP, love the stamp set, LOVE it all!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

How cute, LeAnne and the designer paper is perfect for this!

craftsbyjodi said...

I just love this stamp set. I have contact this company to see if they ship internationally! I'm really wanting this cute set!