Sunday, November 16, 2008

Happy Birthday DH

Today is DH's birthday, and while I usually make him a card with a boat on it (he loves his sailboat), I decided to make him a cute little cupcake card, using Beate's weekend sketch, wsc66 sort of!  I had to turn it on its side to make it work, and I used the paper-pieced balloon image instead of two little whatevers:

John's birthday card

This card is a tad more busy than I usually make, what with all the little punched out confetti and glitter-- but he seemed to enjoy it!  He was even happier when I brought out his birthday "cake", which was a blueberry pie.  He is a pie kind of guy!  TFL!

  • Paper:  Ballet Blue, Kiwi Kiss, So Saffron,  Only Orange, Sage Shadow, Real Red, Yoyo Yellow, Basic Grey Cupcake
  • Ink:  Stazon Black
  • Acc:  Markers, Punches, Crimper, DD Glitter, Sponge Dauber.

11 comments:

Janine said...

Fabulous LeAnne!! I am sure your hubby will love it!

Denise Marzec said...

Love the colors in your card. Hope your hubby had an AWESOME birthday!

Juanita said...

I really like that crimped 'ribbon' behind the image panel. That is a really nice touch.

Julia Aston said...

what a fun b'day card for DH LeAnne!! I love the 'confetti' around the balloon and also on the DP!

Denise Clark said...

So cute! Love the cupcake!

Barbara said...

No wonder your DH liked his card--it's fabulous!!! Love the confetti and the crimped element!

Erin... said...

Love it!! The punched confetti is so fun!! Happy bday to your hubby!

stampinganja said...

Nice card LeAnnne!!
Have a good day, Anja

Susan (peebsmama) said...

This is so bright and cheery.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Sweet! Love the bright colors!

Lynn Put said...

This is such a great birthday card! I love the fun colors and confetti!
Hope your DH had a wonderful birthday!