Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Color Throwdown #25

CTD25 banner 

This is week 25 of the Color Throwdown Challenge and to be honest, when I saw Tammy's color challenge, I got very nervous & panicky.  I just could not see how I was going to combine these colors!  

CTD25 swatch

So I went rummaging through some of my sets that had been neglected lately and eventually an idea peeked through!  CHF's The Shoe Boutique was one of those sets I just had to have, and I think I have used it twice.  I hadn't even cut out most of the pieces yet!  I pulled out some DP to match the challenge colors and this is what I came up with:

CTD25

DSCF2905

Aren't these sentiments cute?  I stamped this on the inside, using Going Gray as the color for the "background" shoe.  This is going to be for a special friend who is having a birthday real soon!!! 

Each shoe is stamped on SU DP and mounted on a piece of Baja Breeze that I ran through the Swiss Dots CB folder.  I added a little rhinestone to each shoe, I wish they were clearer in the picture, they're so fun!  I added the black accents for a little "sophistication"!!! 

So I hope that you can play along with this week's Challenge, too!  If you have a blog, you can link your project in the comments screen on the CTD blog, or if you want to post it on an online gallery, use the keyword CTD25.  Now let's see what the other CTD girls have come up with:

And make sure you check out the Featured Stamper from last week's Challenge--it'll "crack" you up!!!  And who knows...you could be our next Featured Stamper!

  • Stamps:  The Shoe Boutique, CHF
  • Paper:  WW, Basic Black, Baja Breeze, Haiku, Manchester & Riding Hood Red Patterns Dp
  • Ink:  Stazon Black, Going Gray
  • Acc:  Rhinestones (misc sources), Swiss Dots CB folder, Baja Breeze Stitched Ribbon, Black Grosgrain Ribbon

 

 

12 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Absolutely fabulous, LeAnne! I love the bling on each shoe, and the sentiment for inside! Sorry to make you fret! ;)

ALK said...

LOVE the shoe image - fabulous card!!!

dpkennedy said...

Ooh, I love it! The pumps are awesome and the tiny gems look fab! Great design!

mudmaven said...

This is just so cute! Not a big shoe person, but could be converted! ~chris

Broni said...

This is an adorable card, LeAnne! I love those shoes with the rhinestones! You used the colors perfectly!

Anonymous said...

LeAnne, you could have a stamp of dog poopie and you'd make something fabulous out of it.

Curious: What type of glue did you use for something as tiny as those shoes?

Janine said...

What a wonderful card LeAnne!!
Hope you have a great weekend in store.

Barbara said...

I love the shoes, LeAnne!!! If you could see my closet you would agree, LOL!! Just a great design you came up with!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh thats CUTE LeAnne! I love the inside too...adorable

Nancy said...

Great card! Love those shoes!

Cathy Rulli said...

Great card!!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow! This is awesome! Love everything about this chic card!