Sunday, May 10, 2009

A CASE for Piercing

DSCF3995

Two cards today---both shameless CASEs and both have piercing!  This card from Juanita was my inspiration for the three hearts, since I don't have the 3-flower punch:

DSCF3994

I added the little punched heart at the bottom because I SMUDGED the sentiment....none of you do that, do you?  Sentiment is from MFT, Essential Sentiments, stamped in Regal Rose.  The hearts of Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette were all punched with SU's 3-Hearts punch, then daubered.

This was cased from Lisa Henke's card here (go to last card).

DSCF4002

My embossing and piercing are terrible, but you know how it is.....you've spent so much time stamping & coloring, you're not about to chuck it.  I used ink and blender pens instead of pastels.  I love this layout and look, so maybe I'll do another!  Image is SU's Sweet Stems, stamped in Stazon on Kraft CS.  Sentiment is (again) Essential Sentiments from MFT.

To all you moms out there, I hope you are having an enjoyable Mother's Day!  Thanks for visiting!

I

13 comments:

Vickilyn said...

Love both cards! Beautiful job!! Might have to case them! I know I have the SU Piercing pack, but I have no clue where...maybe I would pierce more if I did! LOL

Denise Marzec said...

OMG, girl, these are FANTASTIC! Love the bling on the hearts and the dimension, and that stamping on Kraft with all the shades of blue is heaven...LOVE IT!

Pam Speidel said...

WOW! LeAnne, both cards are wonderful! I love the simplicity of the first one and the colors and layout of the second. The little heart looks like it was meant to be there...and yes, I've done it too! :)

Kim said...

Adorable! I really love the one done with the kraft paper.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I love both these pierced CAS cards. I really like your little hearts on the first card. The little rhinestone is such a fun touch. And I like your creative use of the heart to cover a smear. It looks perfect there.

The second card has such wonderful soft colors.

dpkennedy said...

Oh wow! I love both of these! I think I might case the caser! These are so pretty!

Carol L said...

What great cards! Love the piercing and CAS design of the pink one. Smudge a sentiment? Moi?? Only all the time! LOL I keep a generous supply of those tiny embellies on hand for those times my fat finners get in the way! LOL Both cards are great LeAnne, TFS!

Christina Smith said...

I really like these cards!! They are beautiful! I'm going to have to try that kraft-colored card.

Yeah, the waterfall card is quite challenging. There are so many parts.

Juanita said...

Nice work, Lady.
What a fabulous 'save' on the smudge, it looks like it belongs. Those hearts are super cute.
The kraft card is so great, I love the embossed and pierced frame. It is funny to have you CASE me, it is usually the other way round.

Anonymous said...

Both cards are beautiful, LeAnne! I love'em...especially the bling!
TFS

Stamp and Smile said...

Gorgeous cards LeAnne!! Love them both as they are CAS for me... And I have the 3 heart punch to give the first card a try.. your mistake looks darling covered!! TFS :)

penniem said...

Oh, what pretty cards LeAnne! I love the simplicity of the first one, sure shows that sometimes less is better!
It is reaching 100 degrees or more every day here in Phoenix for about two weeks. I will be heading up to Seattle the weekend after next for a short vist and will be back in PA before too long. Just thought I would stop in at your blog to see what great things you have been up to and I am never disappointed!
Pennie

mudmaven said...

I love both of these cards! I don't do enough piercing - I feel the need to give it a try after seeing these! ~chris