Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Glitterfied

DSCF4031

I was delighted to see the colors for Stacey's Stamping Stage Jewelry Inspiration #36 this week:

Project 36

You can go here to check out the beautiful piece of jewelry that inspired them!  I have had this glitterized chipboard bird sitting on my desk for a couple weeks; I planned to use it on something but never did.  So I grabbed a couple chipboard flowers and covered them with some Lavender Lace craft ink , Crystal Effects and some Martha Stewart glitter and went to work.  These are all RAKs from Kim Crawford (thanks, Kim!) and come from Maya Road.  I also used the Mojo Monday Sketch #86:Mojo86Sketch

 

 

So here we go:

 

 

DSCF4034

You can really see the glittery-ness of it in the top photo, which I took outside!  I used some lace from my sewing box,  and I stamped a little sentiment from My Cute Stamps' Little Forest Friends onto an oval of acetate and adhered it under the left flower.  The bird's eye is a little Twinkle gem from Taylored Expressions.  TFL!  And why don't YOU go play Stacey's challenge!!

  • Stamps:  Flight of the Butterfly, Watercolor Vine Jumbo Wheel, Canvas (ret), Forest Friends by My Cute Stamps
  • Paper:  Confetti White, WW, Lavender Lace, Tempt Turquoise, BG Lily Kate
  • Ink:  Lavender Lace, Tempting Turquoise, So Saffron, Stazon White
  • Acc:  Chipboard, Crystal Effects, MS Glitter, Acetate Sheet, Small Oval Punch, Grosgrain Ribbon, Cr Caramel Marker, Lace, Geo Sparklers Sticker, Twinkle Gem, Dimensionals

12 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

I'll say that's glitterfied...glitterfied and GORGEOUS!

Jamie Martin said...

Very nice, pretty colors of glitter :)

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

OOH Great color combo, love the ribbon too! very pretty!
Hugs,
Charlotte

Stacey Schafer said...

Wow, LeAnne! Your take on the sketch with these colors is darling! I love the glittered birdie and flowers, and the lace is such a great touch:) Thanks for playing the JCI36!

Juanita said...

Wow, I love all that glitter! This card is stunning, you have been so creative today.

mudmaven said...

So bright and shiny! Gorgeous. ~chris

Christi Flores said...

OMG I love this! All that glitz is fantastic!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. I love the glitter embelishmet.
Nadia

Cindy Malone said...

Hey LeAnne,
Thanks for all the nice comments on my blog. Your card is glittery awesome!

Cindy

Betty J Schaub said...

Beautiful job! You matched the colors perfectly and the used the sketch so devinely.

Caryl P said...

I love this card--the lace for the scallop edge is perfect! Great take on the sketch and use of colors.

Stamp and Smile said...

Look at that sparkle and the gorgeous lace edge... GREAT take on the MoJo challenge!! TFS... :)