Friday, June 25, 2010

I Love Ice Cream

DSCF8346

Mmmm, and I DO love ice cream!  I have had this idea in my head ever since the Square Lattice Embossing Folder came out, and when I saw the F4A18 challenge on SCS this morning, I knew I had to put it to paper!  Ice cream!!  Yum!  This also uses the Pals Paper Arts sketch challenge this week:

PPA48

And here’s my creation:

DSCF8345

Hmmm, pink & red together?  Well, my ice cream cone just needed some oomph, so I added that big corduroy cherry on top!!  Which led to the red ribbon on the bottom….well, why try to analyze my thought process, it’s a fun summery card nonetheless, and someone will enjoy it on their birthday.  And no calories!!  The cone is Crumb Cake, run through the Big Shot with the EF; the scoops are the Scallop Punch.  You can’t get much easier than this for punch art!  Some sprinkles from IBBG and a little glitter, and it’s ready to go.  I added some Neopolitan-colored ribbons to follow the sketch.   I think I might just need to get some ice cream today!  TFL!

  • Stamps:  Heart from the Heart, IBBG
  • Paper:  WW, Kaleidescope, Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette, VV, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake
  • Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Crumb Cake
  • Acc:  Scallop Punch, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Grosgrain, Taffeta & Satin Ribbons, Dimensionals, Corduroy Brad, Circle Punch

16 comments:

Ruby said...

Ooh, LOVELY! Such a pretty card, it looks good enough to eat!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Love Love LOVE your idea for the ice cream cone. Love the sparkle on the scalloped ice cream scoops too.

...and I happen to love the red and pink together! :)

Arielle H Gordon said...

OMWord - I want to eat that ice crema cone - it's perfect!!!

Linda said...

You must have a million cord.brads. I love all the ways you find to use them. This card is sooooo cute and now I want ice cream. I am really trying to loose 5lb but it is sooo hard.
Hugs

Bev J. said...

What a cute and pretty card. The ef made a really neat cone. tfs

Renee said...

LeAnne this is adorable!

Ann Schach said...

This is just too cute! The "waffle" cone is so creative, and the corduroy button cherry is the perfect touch! Thanks for joining us at the PPA today!

Anonymous said...

This is too cute! I love your textured cone, and that cherry! Great card!

Barbara said...

Totally adorable and wildly creative, girlie!

1CardCreator said...

Cute, cute, cute!! LOVE it! Thanks for sharing, ~Diane

Tammy Hershberger said...

FAB-YOU-LOUS!!!!!!!!!!

Doris said...

Funny, I just had an ice cream cone here on my deck before I checked my email! Your card is adorable...

Hands On said...

I just love it! The waffle cone and the cherry are so very creative.

Linda Callahan said...

Wonderfully creative from the waffle cone to the scoops to the cherry on top! Love it all! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

Melissa said...

Ok, this is really cute!! That cherry i so adorable and the three stacked scoops with the glitter is precious.

Margaret Moody said...

This is just too cute, LeAnne! I love the ice cream cone and the added sparkle! So fun! Thanks for sharing!