Tuesday, May 24, 2011

ColourQ86

DSCF6432

Happy Tuesday and happy ColourQ challenge!  I am trying to be upbeat today, but my heart is heavy as I see the photographs of Joplin.  So much destruction, and I know there have been other parts of the country in the last few months that have been affected by tornadoes, floods and other acts of nature.  Prayers going out to everyone in those areas. 

Arielle has chosen a bright, fun inspiration for today:

cqc86

Hah!  Who wouldn’t love to have a pair of socks or slippers like this?!  These toes look a lot better than mine do, LOL!  I decided to do one of Arielle’s Wax Fruit Company digital images because she is also having a little contest and I love to play with her images!!!  I thought the berry in a bucket image would be perfect:

CQC86-LeAnne

Since I am NOT a very good Copic colorer, I chose to paper-piece my images with some SU paper and merely shade them with my Copics. I added the sentiment with some ribbon & rickrack and mounted everything on a Daffodil Delight panel that was embossed with the Perfect Petals EF.  I think maybe I should have added some glitter to the seeds but I didn’t have enough patience to do that!!!

DSCF6432-1

I hope YOU have enough patience to play along with the ColourQ this week—stroll on over to the blog to see the other samples and play along!  This combo is sure to brighten your day!

DSCF6420

  • Stamps:  Digital, Wax Fruit Company
  • Paper:  WW, Early Espresso, Daffodil Delights, Retired Real Red Prints DP, So Saffron Patterns DP
  • Ink:  none
  • Acc:  Nesties, Copics, Ribbon, Rickrack, Button, Perfect Petals EF, Paper Piercer, Dimensionals

8 comments:

Anne Marie Hile said...

Your card is "berry" sweet! Look at you with the absolutely perfect paper piecing, too. Love how you put it all together from that fun inspiration photo. Those socks are the cutest!

My thoughts are also with those affected in Joplin. Such a horrible thing to happen. :(

Arielle H Gordon said...

LOVE IT, LeAnne! You know my fondness for paper piecing, and yours is gorgeous! Speaking of gorgeous, look at this little cutie! She is SO SWEET!!!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

LeAnne your card is so "sweet" - love your paper piecing and the colors are so summery... (can't wait), and how cute is another photo of your "berry sweet" grandbaby! Hugs

Elaine M said...

Perfect coloring can't matter much when you have darling Miss Cassidy smilling at you - ohhhhhh that face!

You did a fantastic job with your paper piecing - great design and colors too - love the card !! Oh I am sooooo going to CASE this one!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Beautiful, LeAnne! I love the button with the ric rac and the ribbon. I love the paper piecing you did, too. It looks great!

jaydee said...

LeAnne, great card! Your coloring is fabulous and I love that you used this particular embossing folder for the background. It works so well.
The pics of Cassidy always make me smile!
hugs
jaydee

Elise said...

Oh, dear! Oh, dear! Oh, dear! WHAT a delicious creation! Totally, CASSIDY-smile worthy! As if your clever color over d/p wasn't enough, I'm just LOVIN' your mass o ribbon to punctuate the adorable sentiment: YIPEEEEEE! This card makes me HAPPY!

Linda Fisher said...

Such a SWEET card! When I look at the couple splashes of dark brown, my chocolate cravings kick in!