Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Herringbone Valentine

DSCF6103

I made this card using the Herringbone technique (you can find it on the Splitcoaststampers site under resources) for a CAS challenge a couple weeks ago; it really isn’t done correctly, so I want to try it again, but I gave it to my daughter yesterday anyway:

DSCF4158

I used various DPs in Cherry Cobbler, Poppy Parade, Real Red and Rose Red to do the heart.  The scallops are from the new Adorning Accents Edgelits die, and the heart was cut with the Hearts Collection Framelits die.  The remaining piece was perfect to make into a little picture frame:

DSCF6104

I cut a Basic Black background using the Scallop Square die, mounting it on some heavy chipboard and making a little easel prop to hold it up.  A couple of hearts (Large Heart Punch and Timeless Type Die) and the P.S. I Love You and Teeny Tiny Wishes made a sweet little embellishment:

DSCF6103-1

I hope you had a sweet Valentine’s!!!  I didn’t have the baby, but here’s a cute little picture from last Valentine’s; wow, she has changed, hasn’t she?:

DSCF6692-2

Thanks for popping by today!

14 comments:

Frenchie said...

Oh my goodness yes ! I had forgotten how small she was back then! She has grown like so beautiful , I'm so glad you share her with us ! Thank you Leanne!
( still no grand daughter ) were really missing her )
Hope you had a wonderful valentine day !
Hugs frenchie .

Anne Marie Hile said...

What a fun technique, LeAnne! I have never tried that one before. Tthanks for the info to check it out. Adorable card and frame! I can't get over how different Cassidy looks from last year. She's such a big girl now! So sweet! :)

Patti J said...

Beautiful projects - and what a fun technique. Thanks for sharing! Oh my, look at that darlin' girl! And your DD is gorgeous too - hugs!!!

Bev J. said...

Like your card and that sweet frame-Cassidy sure has grown!

dpkennedy said...

Ooh, love your heart! The picture frame is just lovely and that Cassidy is such a character! They change so fast!

Linda said...

Oh my she sure had. It is fun to watch her grow. I love the card and the picture frame. Wonderful!

Denise Willerton said...

wow wow wow ~ love the herringbone! It looks fabulous! And Cassidy, so grown up isn't she and adorable as always!

Lesley said...

Wow LeAnne, she has changed! I can't believe it. Great technique, love that you used the negative piece for a frame.

scrappingnana said...

Yes, she has changed and grown a lot. Love your card and frame. Very pretty. TFS

barb mann said...

Love the herringbone heart & picture mat! The Valentine card is adorable not to mention those in your cute photo! TFS LeAnne!

Louise Brown said...

What a great idea....especially when you save all the strips of dsp like I do. Love your finished frame.
tfs

Betty Benton said...

Wonderful card and frame! A year sure does make a big difference -- thanks for sharing the older picture since I didn't know you or Cassidy back then. She's grown so much!

Cathymac said...

Oh LeAnne, I will definitely have to look up that technique...so pretty! And you managed to use the beautiful design for a lovely card AND a picture frame! How creative! Little Cassidy is growing up!

Shelley said...

Scrappy fun! I love doing these kinds of cards. I'm a sucker for a clever idea. Great job!