Friday, July 13, 2012

Popping in with CSC99

DSCF5388

Happy Friday, peeps!  It’s been a long week and I really missed blogging, but real life took over.  I so want to thank every single one of you who left comments and prayed for my friend Brenda and her family as we maneuvered through the week.  They are doing as well as can be expected, and I know the many, many prayers of her friends and family were a blessing to them.  So this card, my friends, is for YOU!  I loved the CASE Study card that Chupa chose this week, and even though it had a sewing theme to it, I chose to CASE the layout but use the little retro images from the Storytime DP.

 DSCF5387 

I used a 1 3/8” punch to punch out the squares from my DP.  The images themselves were a little too white & bright, so I sponged Sahara Sand on them to give them a more vintage look, and mounted them on a scalloped square of Riding Hood Red.  I did use the same little circle & heart diecut that Kristii used, but added some new stitched ribbon trim, and stamped the little animals from Storybook Friends on the lined paper background.

DSCF5390

I love the nostalgic feel to this!  A shabby ribbon & bow and a little “friends” tag, and it was good to go.  And I love the CASE Study card so much, I may try to do another, this time with a sewing theme…..if I can find the time!  I did get in a little bit of stamping time this week, just not blogging time, so hopefully I can share some of them in the future.

DSCF5370DSCF5371 

Not much photo op time this week either, but I did snap a couple of the budding engineer playing with her blocks!  (Excuse the fan in the background!)  It is fun to see her figure out what works and what doesn’t!  She had a fever all day yesterday, so definitely not a picture day!  Be sure to come back on Sunday when I will be the hostess at the Paper Players!!

11 comments:

Linda said...

I missed you. This really is a beautiful card. Poor Cassidy. I hope it isn't because of the heat. We had a little break this week but it is going to get hot again. We are headed to the cabin for a week. So if you don't hear much from me it is because the internet is slow and I am busy. LOL

barb mann said...

LeAnne I'm so very sorry for your dear friend. You are wonderful to be there for her. I'm glad you are getting a little stamping time. This card is darling. I love that dsp pack. I hope I can make something cute like you!

Mynnette said...

Oh so stinkin' cute! LOVE your use of the paper--adorable images! LOVe this!!! I invite you to join me at Technique Tuesday--you'd be a wonderful addition to the challenge! :)

Denise Willerton said...

oh how fun to see that you had some stampin' time...and this card is SO adorable!!! I LOVE THE Storytime line and can't believe I didn't order any of it...back to my order form :-) Cassidy is SO intent when she's in the middle of her chores!!! Have a wonderful day ~ off to camping we go in about 2 hours *hugs*

Christina said...

This is adorable, LeAnne. I especially love the way you tied the little red ribbon with the button! So glad you could join us this week at CASE Study!

Teresa Kline said...

sweet card, the photos are even sweeter

enjoy *~*

Dee Tollaksen said...

Absolutely fabulous clever card! I will definitely be CASEing this beauty!

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet card - sweet paper! Some is headed my way in a big brown truck as we speak!

lotte chew said...

this is so beautiful!

Angie Tieman said...

Saw this over at Nancy's ipicks and THUD! It is gorgeous!

Bonnie said...

This is adorable, LeAnne! I love these little boys and girls! And that bow is wonderful!