Tuesday, July 15, 2014

ColourQ 250

DSCF4065-001

Hi everyone!  Tuesday means ColourQ day!  Arielle has a fabulous challenge for us today:



I love this dress….the bold colors and design remind me of the Mondrian style from the 60s!  I knew right away how I was going to interpret this!  I pulled out some Back to Black DP and went to coloring in some of the florals with markers:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings ColourQ250 Hey There Stampin Up -2

I added this great sentiment from Hi There, and since I already had some sequins out on my desk  from Monday’s card, I added a few to the Chalk Talk die panel…I think it adds a nice little sparkle!  Can’t wait to see how you interpret this cool design!

I’ll be taking a little bloggy break….after I get home from convention I have a few family obligations, so I am not committing to posting anything for the week!  But if I do have time, I might pop in…..you never know!

I caught Cassidy sitting on her bed, playing with an old FP carousel toy:

DSCF4040

She loves to figure out how things work!

Wee Project Details
Stamps Hi There
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Back to Black DP
 Ink Stazon Black
Accessories Coastal  Cabana Baker's Twine, In Color Sequins
Tools     Big Shot, Chalk Talk Dies, Markers in Coastal Cabana, Calypso Coral, So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz and Crisp Cantaloupe, Dimensionals

10 comments:

JoAnn said...

Very pretty and great take on the inspiration photo. I love how you colored in some of the flowers.

Doris said...

Fisher Price just knows how ro captivate little ones generation after generation!

Bev Gomez said...

Hey LeAnne, love your card and wow that was a lot of coloring in. Awe your'e going to Convention. Great for you. I always loved doing that. Have a great time and I hope you will post little tidbits of info. Tee hee!
Have fun!

Kara said...

love how you colored your paper!

Linda said...

Really a pretty card! So that paper is black and white and you can color the flower what ever color you need. That is great. And yes that is a real 60's kind of print. I love it.
Such a smart little girl. I hope there is a college fun started for her. Well she is so bright she will get scholar ship.
Have fun at the conventions and don't worry about the party until the food runs out.
I am coming to PA the beginning of Aug but I am only going to get as far as the North West of the state at State College for my nieces wedding. Darn but you are very busy now anyway. We will meet some day I am sure of that.

stampwithsandy said...

Wow, what great use of the challenge colors, LeAnne! Love how you colored the dsp with markers!

Lisa Elton said...

Great idea to use the DP LeAnne, this is so pretty! CUTE little pic of Cassidy ;) Enjoy yourself, see you when you get back!

Nance Leedy said...

Wow, you colored the paper??!! How clever are you?! Love this, LeAnne. That pic of Cassidy warms my heart--love to see children in quiet concentration! I can hear her wheels turning!! See you soon!

irishgalkelly said...

Wow LeAnne, this is such a beautiful card!! I thought this was printed dsp with colors on it until I read that you colored them yourself. You are SO CLEVER! Love this idea and one I will need to try sometime. It's great that you think outside the box! I really like the font of "hello" and just think this is a wonderful card.

So happy you are at convention. Bring back lots of tips to share with us. Also, I checked back a few posts as I have been neglecting my fun blog time to remodel my home. The frozen blueberries and Cassidy's sweet face was awesome! Take care~

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, this is gorgeous. My jaw dropped when I saw this card. I also love that you showed us how to do this with markers - something all of us have. gorgeous, my friend.
Hugs
Jaydee