Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Kraft Journal 179

DSCF4026 
Happy Wednesday, everyone!  Halfway through the week!!!  I got out my aquapainter and reinkers to make my little card today!  The Kraft Journal has a Sea and Sand challenge this week, and I had totally forgotten about this sweet little image of beach children when I was doing our beachy-themed card for the Paper Players, so I inked it up for the Kraft Journal:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Beach Babies Stampin Papertrey

I wanted to make it into a postcard-style image, but it always bothers me that the post card words are on the wrong side of the post card---they should be on the back, right?!  Anyway, I had went with it….I had so much fun painting these little bathing beauties, and making an ocean scene is about the only scenery I can do….I even added a little shimmer to the ocean with some shimmer paint:

DSCF4028

and then I added the postal images and a couple of sentiments:

DSCF4029

and mounted it on a Crumb Cake card base!  I added a little birthday sentiment on the inside too!  Thanks for visiting today!
10530722_10152953058617646_8516375431199621628_n

Wee Project Details
Stamps Gorgeous Grunge, Chalk Lines (SU); Beach Babies (100 Proof Press); Postmark, Vintage Picnic Sentiments, Wreath for All Seasons (Papertrey)
Card stock & Papers    Crumb Cake, Watercolor paper
Ink Stazon Black, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand, Soft Sky, Marina Mist, Hello Honey, Blush Blossom, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi, Island Indigo, Tangelo Twist
Accessories Baker's Twine
Tools    Aquapainter, White Shimmer Paint, Dimensionals

11 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

This is one gorgeous summer scene! You are so artsy! Love this!

Colleen Dietrich said...

You always amaze me, LeAnne! This collage looks spot-on perfect. That beach stamp is so cute! You have found some real treasures at 100 Proof Press. Seems like you could be one of their DT members!

Linda said...

OH do I love this card. What a great image and Love how it looks like a water color. Beautiful LeAnne!

Lisa Elton said...

I have this stamp too LeAnne and i adore it!! You card is perfectly summery and perfectly colored, love it!

stampwithsandy said...

This is so adorable! Love it!

Margaret said...

doesn't get any cuter!!wish I had this stamp.

Julia Aston said...

Love that cute image LeAnne! and you colored it wonderfully!

Lesley said...

Absolutely adorable...I still have a sweet birthday card from you made with this image and I love it!

Denise Willerton said...

Such a sweet card LeAnne - love that shot of Cassidy and Dana too! Enjoy your day!

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh, LeAnne! I LOVE this sweet card! The stamped image is adorable! I need that stamp! I just love the way you colored the children. This card makes me happy! XXX

Susan Joyce said...

Love everything about this card LeAnne, it's adorable.