Sunday, July 13, 2014

Paper Players 204

DSCF4113

Good morning, peeps!  I am the hostess at the Paper Players today, and I’ve got a color challenge for you!  Here you go:

Recently, I received this sweet card from a friend, and was enamoured with the colors in it---three of them were similar to our new In Colors:

DSCF4109

So that is from where I drew my inspiration, not only for the colors but some of the elements in my own card:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Paper Players 204 Flower Patch

Instead of a heart, I used a Labels die and stamped some of the floral images from Flower Patch randomly on the white panel.  In hindsight, I wish I had not used the lighter shade of Blackberry Bliss (just stamped off on scrap paper) as I think it detracts from the true color, but I’ve had a busy weekend and I just didn’t have time for a re-do!  I did stamp some leaf images directly onto the All Abloom DP, which is kind of fun, and did a pleated ribbony thing to mimic the banner in the inspiration card.  A sentiment from And Many More, with some pearl embellishments, finished it off!

DSCF4114

I hope you will visit the Paper Players blog, or the designers’ blogs, because they ROCKED these colors….they are all just gorgeous!  Here they are:

This is what happens when your little people are naughty; they go into a frying pan:

DSCF4050

DSCF4048

Oh, this child!

14 comments:

Frenchie said...

Oooo, love your card , love those colors , so pretty LeeAnn ,
And that little Cassady she so funny and cute , love her Expression. !!!!
Have a great day ,
Hugs to both of you 💗

laurie said...

The frying pan..that made me chuckle!

I'm so glad you picked these colors for the challenge, I just LOVE them. I would never have thought to put them together, and had so much fun making a card.

Right away when I saw your card, I noticed the ribbon, it's so pretty, and I love the fun way you attached it.
The designer paper background works so well with the flower images...just such a pretty card!

Hope you enjoy convention! Can't wait to hear about it!

Lisa Elton said...

Such pretty colors LeAnne! Love the card you received and your pretty inspired card with the fancy ribbon treatment!

Nance Leedy said...

Your card and the inspiration piece are so pretty, Leanne! I love how the leaves trail off onto the DSP and the pleated ribbon is fabulous! That Cassidy--what a trip! See you soon ((hugs))!

Andrea W said...

This challenge was so much fun! Your card is lovely! I really enjoy the Lost Lagoon dsp with your pretty stamped focal point.

Have fun at convention!

Lorraine said...

I told myself that I just was not going to get another flower set and now I'm regretting it. The colors and design are beautiful. My DIL's sister is getting married next month and those are her colors. I'll have to see what I have that would work. Thanks for the inspiration. And thanks for the laugh today with that picture and quote about Cassidy. I really needed it!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Great colour choice this week LeAnne and a fabulous card to match! I love how you incorporated elements from the card you received into your own card. The pleated ribbon adds a nice touch too! Remind me not to get on the wrong side of Cassidy - I don't fancy the chances of The Little People! Enjoy Convention this week. xx

Elaine M said...

Oh these colors and images are wonderful together - just a lovely card!

Linda said...

OH no poor little people! So cute too.
Beautiful card! I love the colors. TFS

Claire Broadwater said...

I LOVE these colors together, LeAnne! Your card is great! Love that flower set and that pleated ribbon looks fabulous!
Oh, the Little People must have been naughty to end up in the flying pan. Cassidy is so precious!

I can not wait to meet you at Convention! XX

Yapha Mason said...

These colors are great (even thought I never use Wisteria Wonder) and your project is absolutely stunning! I love the layered flowers, and that ribbon treatment is simply gorgeous. THanks for a fantastic challenge!

stampwithsandy said...

Great color combo, LeAnne! I love your creation and the inspiration card, too! I like how you stamped on the DSP and the scrunched up ribbon. So pretty!

Jaydee said...

Gorgeous, LeAnne. I love the multiple stamped flowers and the way you stamped the leaves onto the base behind the frame. The soft ribbon is the perfect finishing touch. Gorgeous, my friend.

So sorry that I wasn't going to be at convention this year so that I could finally meet you.

Hugs
Jaydee

Kim S said...

Flower Patch is at the very top of my wishlist. (My first new catalog order always has to focus on new colors - and this time, I had to get the designer paper special - so I didn't get Flower Patch. But I've only ever seen cards with the big florals. I love your use of the smaller images. Fun and a little funky, but still very elegant.