Thursday, August 7, 2014

FMS148

DSCF4549 
Just a quick post today!  Happy Thursday!  I am still making thank-you cards; this one uses the FMS sketch by Jen Mitchell:
I went with a regular A2 card instead of a square one, using my favorite pattern from All Abloom and the floral image from Hello Darling:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Hello Darling Another Thank You Stampin Up

I stamped it in So Saffron, did a little embossing down the left side as well as some paper piercing, and added a sentiment in Mossy Meadow.  I added a little MM ribbon too, just to add a wee bit of interest! 

Cassidy tried to husk corn for the first time yesterday:

DSCF4566DSCF4569

When she asked what the brown silk was, Grampy showed her what his grampy used to do to him!!!

DSCF4557

And her reaction:

DSCF4558

Silly grampy!  Enjoy your day!

Wee Project Details
Stamps Hello Darling, Another Thank You
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, So Saffron, Lost Lagoon, All Abloom DP
 Ink So Saffron, Mossy Meadow
Accessories Mossy Meadow Satin Ribbon
Tools     Big Shot, Needlepoint EF (ret), Paper Piercer

8 comments:

Frenchie said...

Oooo LeeAnne What a BEAUITIFUL card, love the colors , tfs
That Cassady and her grandpa are so funny , that's what my grandpa did to me , wow that took me WAY back,
Tfs ,
Hugs to all of you !
Frenchie ,

Pam Sparks said...

hilarious LeAnne! Great captures! I have a picture of our 4 yr old grand shucking corn this week too! oh, they are so CUTE! I'm surprised my hub hasn't thought to do this…course the kids aren't here when we're doing it! lol Gorgeous card… love your designing and keeping the embossing idea! TFS!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Fun times with Grampy and Cassidy;)
Pretty card LeAnne - I like that little ribbon tab.
Have a great day.

Lisa Elton said...

Those two are just so DARN cute together!! And this card is beautiful. What a great floral image and it goes perfectly with the DP!

laurie said...

So that's what the silk is for!haha..cute pics!

I like all the extras you added to your card...the paper piercing,the bit of ribbon, and the embossing on the side. It all balances out perfectly, such a pretty card!

Jen Mitchell said...

I was going to tell you about a video I saw that cooks the corn and removes the husk and silk with no mess, but Grampy's method is way more fun! Great pics (and the card is not too shabby too)!

Cindy Lovell said...

Great pics!! Funny!! :)
Beautiful card,love the colors and the embossed stitching on the side!!
Thank you for joining us at FMS!!

Cindy Hall said...

Wow, LeAnne! This is stunning. Love the stamp set that you used, and the colors, but especially love the details of the piercing and embossing. Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!