Thursday, October 30, 2014

FMS160 x Two

DSCF6024

I have two very clean, simple and quick cards today, both using the Freshly Made Sketches sketch from this week:

I had this leaf image from Lovely as a Tree stamped, colored and sitting on my desk, discarded from another project, so I put it to use on this fall-themed card:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Lovely as a Tree Gratitude Stampin Up

I used some scraps of DSP for the background; the sentiment is from Project Life Holiday Cheer, and the circle was stamped with the striped banner from Amazing Birthday, once going in one direction, and then stamped again going in the other direction, to make a gingham look.  I then punched it out with a 1” circle punch.

My next card is more whimsical; I used an Avery Elle stamp set called Thankful, and I am thankful, because I won it from my sweet friend Lisa

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Acorn Thankful 2

My card base is Pumpkin Pie; I stamped the acorn in Early Espresso (although it looks green here!) on a piece of gingham paper from Simple Stories’ Harvest Lane DSP and fussy-cut it out.  The other papers are from the same line.  I turned the sketch on its side so that the little bird would be facing the right way!!  The sentiment is from Good Greetings.  Thanks for visiting!

I tried hard to get a good photo of Cassidy’s cute outfit, but she was like the Energizer bunny yesterday….you’ll have to take my word for how cute this little skirt was!!

DSCF6011

11 comments:

lisa808 said...

Cassidy looks absolutely darling and I can tell how cute the skirt is.

Lovely cards and pretty coloring on the leaves.

Linda said...

The energizer bunny. LOL I bet she takes after her grandma.
Very pretty cards. I love the layout on the first one.

Colleen Dietrich said...

So nice to see the leaf image from Lovely As A Tree used here, LeAnne! Both cards are terrific.

Still enjoying your posts from my inbox...thank you for all the things you share with us. It is comforting to connect with you, and see peeks of Cassidy, too!

Saw you stepped down from some DTs, and can appreciate it. Life is so busy, and it's so hard to fit in everything we wish we could do. I wish you well with whatever you have on your plate...even if it is just needing some downtime.

Martha said...

Hi,

Your first card is so pretty with that gorgeously colored oak leaves and acorn image. I have that set and forgot that stamp. Duh! The second card is busier but cute with the acorn and bird. Did you stamp any of that tree and the bird or was that the paper? Sure is cute with all the different prints on the leaves.
Miss Cassidy is darling in her Hello Kitty top and skirt. I hope you get a great picture for her album.
Hugs, Martha

Darlene Gabriel said...

Hi - I've been missing your posts - feels like forever.
I love these Fall cards today. Beautifully coloured leaf & acorn on that first one and I like the gingham looked you stamped on the circle. I love the papers in the second card - I totally overlooked that DSP somehow.
Cassidy is as cute as ever and looks adorable in her costume.

Lisa Elton said...

Delightful cards LeAnne!! I'm so happy you used your new set, the gingham acorn is so cute! And as for Miss Cassidy...she would look adorable in a paper bag...but I'm sure she was a super cute energizer bunny!!

Sylvia said...

Love your fall cards LeAnne, especially love Cassidy in her costume. She is quite the young lady and is going to be so much fun! Have a fabulous Friday and Halloween!

Stampingcountry said...

Your oak leaf looks fabulous against the subtle stripes and plaids.

Karren said...

Two gorgeous cards, LeAnne! I really love how you've colored your leaf - it looks so realistic and the splatters are perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Kim S said...

Gorgeously colored leaves and perfect background papers! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Rita W said...

Two great takes on the sketch, my friend. I love the elegant look of the first and the fun feel to the second. Both are perfect for this time of year. So happy you played with my sketch. Hugs!