Sunday, July 26, 2015

Paper Players 255

DSCF0984
Happy Sunday, peeps!  I hope you had a good week…I thoroughly enjoyed my “vacation”….some of it was a “staycation”, some of it was spent at the Delaware shore with DD and DGD, and some of it was working, as in picking and canning the garden! But it's good to be back stamping! 

My sweet friend Sandy is our hostess this week for the Paper Players, and she has a lovely sketch:


And here's my card, starting with a Pear Pizzazz base:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Paper Players 255 Watercolor Wishes stampin up

I love the sentiments and fonts included in the Watercolor Wishes kit, and I needed a sympathy card this week, so this particular sentiment was perfect.  I chose this pretty floral from English Garden DSP for my background, snipping out some of the florals and leaves to put at the bottom of my tag:

DSCF0981

It’s hard to see, but the leaves are curled up a bit for some dimension.  I stamped the sentiment in Old Olive and added some watercolory splotches from Work of Art in Blushing Bride and some speckles from Itty Bitty Backgrounds in Sahara Sand.  Of course, I added a few sequins just for a subtle bit of shine.  I snagged some cool cotton cording at a yard sale last week and it matched the colors nicely, so I used it for my tag, tying it with some hemp cord, which I also used to accent the left side of the card, so that allows me to enter this in the City Crafter Challenge this week, which is twine! And finally, Can You Case It has a “Designer’s Choice” challenge during convention, so I am entering this there as well!
CYCI#79
I hope that you’ll play along with our challenge this week…it’s a great sketch with lots of possibilities!  You can see what the designers did with it here:
Can’t wait to see what you create!

As I mentioned, last week “the girls” took a couple days to go to the Delaware shore, where we hit the beach at Cape Henlopen:
11760088_10154008581942646_824118843268047095_n
Jungle Jim’s  water park:
1474605_10154010532667646_9051041128600210967_n
and Funland at the Rehoboth Boardwalk:
11737881_10154008846447646_6616879647527991269_n
The weather was gorgeous and we had a blast!

21 comments:

Lilian said...

A really lovely card. The florals and colour scheme are really pretty.

Mitzi Luttrull said...

This is beautiful, Leann.

Nance Leedy said...

LeAnne, I'm sorry that you needed a sympathy card but what a lovely card it is!. Perfect way to highlight this gorgeous paper and I love the splash of color behind the sentiment--really makes it stand out. What a great time you girls must have had--happy for you!

Unknown said...

Good Morning: This is one of my favorite cards you have made - beautiful!! Cassidy is so lucky to have you and John - Thank you for being such wonderful role models!

Unknown said...

Love the soft watercolor look of this card and the beautiful colors. great take on the sketch challenge. the green tassle tops it off just right Leanne!

mudmaven said...

A gorgeous card as always LeAnne! I'm loving all the watercolor looks of the new stamps and papers. We enjoyed our brief visit to Cape Henlopen too, albeit from the water side! ~chris

laurie said...

Oh what fun it looks like you girls had! Was the ride scary?

Your card is so soft and pretty...I love the DP you chose, I think I need some after I see this!

Have a great day!

AnitaR said...

Beautiful card and the colors are so very pretty!

Stella said...

Watercolored flowers; I amin awe. This is stunning! And a wonderful take on our theme. Thanks so much for joining us this week at CCCB!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is so beautiful! I love the way you showcased this gorgeous DSP! The tassel and twine are perfect! I adore all the sweet pictures, but my favorite is the one with you holding hands with Cassidy. XX

stampwithsandy said...

Such a pretty card, LeAnne! I adore pinks and greens together and these are perfect. Also love the font of the sentiment and wish that stamp set was available by itself. Girls weekend looked like fun, and I think you are much braver than I when it comes to rides!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This card is lovely LeAnne! One of my customers loves this paper but is struggling to know how to best work with the bold patterns. I have made a few cards to show her but I will definitely be sharing this as another great example - the tag treatment is just enough to lift it off the pattern, without detracting. The cord and sequins add a beautiful finishing touch too. Glad you enjoyed your holiday - it looks like a good time was had by all!

stampwithamyk said...

This card is just beautiful LeAnne! I love the designer paper and your stamping is just perfect!

Unknown said...

gorgeous card! thanks for joining us at CanYouCaseIt.com!

Unknown said...

Wow!! This is beautiful! I don't have the DSP or card kit - way to be an enabler ! :) thx for joining us at CYCI!

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful card!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Unknown said...

One of my favorite DSPs!!! LOve this card!! Thanks for joing us @ Can You Case It!

Jen Mitchell said...

Beautiful LeAnne. Love those splashy watercolor flowers in the background. And the tag looks great!

Anonymous said...

Great use of the patterned paper and the stamp set. Very lovely! Thanks for joining us at Can You Case It!

Terri said...

Spectacular! Love all the detail. Thanks for joining us at canyoucaseit.com!

Lisa Elton said...

LeAnne, this is beautiful!! Love the water color look of the looms and the way you carried a tiny one forward to the tag. Looks like "the girls" had a wonderful time!