Friday, November 27, 2015

TMS328 Dad’s Birthday

DSCF3039

Happy Black Friday, everyone!  Are you going out shopping today?!  Not me!  I’ll stay inside and do some cooking and crafting, and maybe start decorating! OR maybe do nothing, LOL!  Anyway, I hope you had a great day yesterday; besides being Thanksgiving, it was my dad’s 86th birthday!  I found this great sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches:

I recently got these little tool dies from My Favorite Things, and since all the men in my family are mechanically-inclined,  I knew they would come in handy!  I found some guy-themed papers, diecut my tools and added some Zig Painty pen in silver to them, and stamped a cute sentiment from SU’s Guy Greetings:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Guy Greetings Dad Birthday Stampin Up

The woodgrain background paper is from Echo Park This & That; the numeric paper is SU’s paper from last year, sponged with Delightful Dijon, and the blue textured woodgrain paper is from Authentique’s Nestled Line.  The schematic paper is some old Basic Grey paper called Wander!  Here’s a close up of the tools:

DSCF3041

And here’s the inside sentiment; the Guy Greetings set lets you mix and match so well! 

DSCF3047

My sister was up from SC last week and was explaining to my dad that she can take pictures with her phone, and she snagged a selfie of the two of them; my dad doesn’t usually smile, and he has NEVER had a selfie taken of himself, so this is pretty epic!  Enjoy your day!

9d0cebff-1490-46d7-ba01-78e95cbf6610

11 comments:

Patricia said...

Nice pic. Have a good WE.

stampwithsandy said...

What a great guy card! I love those adorable little tools. Great selfie of dad and sis, too! Belated Happy Thanksgiving, LeAnne!

Linda Callahan said...

This card is beyond adorable! I love it! Happy Birthday to your dad!

Lisa Minckler said...

Lol...that's too much fun! Happy belated to your dad and LOVE that masculine card!!

Jen Mitchell said...

Nice to see your Dad starring in a selfie! And what a great birthday card for him - those patterned papers and the tools are awesome!

So I see that Feedblitz is up to it's old tricks again. I've been a subscriber of your blog for a long time so I would get the email when you posted and it suddenly occurred to me tonight that I hadn't seen an email in a long time. I knew you couldn't possibly have retired from blogging (!) so I figured I better pop on over here to check. Glad to see you're still plugging away and apologies for not stopping by to say hello sooner. This has happened to me before with another blog - all of a sudden I stop getting emails and then just as suddenly they start up again. The cyber world is a strange and mysterious place! LOL! Anyway, I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Debbie said...

This is a wonderful masculine card!! Love these dies! (Going to have to go look for them!) Awesome selfie with your dad!!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie (TMS DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Jessi Fogan said...

If it weren't for 'righty tighty' I'd never get anything fixed - I mutter it to myself every single time! I absolutely love this card - and that selfie! So glad you came to play at TMS, because I got to smile reading your whole post!

Notes by Nina said...

What a fabulous card LeAnne, this is a great mix of papers and colours. I am so glad you played along with Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Lisa Elton said...

What a fantastic card for your dad!! Love every little thing about it LeAnne!! GREAT selfie of your dad and sister, how fun for him!! NO shopping for us either. We ventured out to Mass Saturday evening and that was it. Snuggled in all weekend!!

jengd said...

Great card and photo!

Christine Kiehl said...

What a great card and story with a pic! Thank you. Hope his day was as awesome as your card!